Region 2 Newsletter January 2023
The 2023 season is underway and off to a great start.
The next Regional Board Meeting is April 13. If you have any items you want discussed, please send them to me by March 1. The agenda needs to be approved and sent out by April 1.
There are a few extra Snowflake Leotards from the winter sale – please share with parents. Check this link to order. They will be mailed directly to parents.
Meet Directors: Reminders as we begin a new year: (page numbers are from the Rules and Policies)
- Read the updated sanction forms after you print them – You may not do open scoring on compulsories or Xcel (rules and policies).
- Be aware of the fines associated with sessions having too many gymnasts or other violations. You could lose your ability to host a meet for the next competitive season. (pages 27 and 28)
- Numbers of allowed gymnasts Xcel only reference chart page 60; Dev and combined reference chart page 96. (Meet ref’s – you should copy these 2 pages)
- Make sure gymnasts, coaches, and judges are in proper dress (athletes page 17, coaches page 19, and judges page 21)
- It is the meet director’s responsibility to make sure no babies, dogs etc. are on the competition floor.
- Athletes from other sessions cannot be on the floor rotating with their team. They need to be in the stands.
Coaches and Judges from Dianne and Jeanine
A Pit Pillow is NOT allowed for mounts, dismounts or landings on any event –
See Chapter 11 page 128 X.G. (R and P)
- Xcel Gold – important info re: casts and circling elements – Page 10 of the Xcel Code of Points
- Xcel Bar Dismounts: Squat-on. “A” #2.102 Stretch jump forward dismount “A”. # 8.004. This combination results in 2 “A” Value Parts
- Level 6 – 1.0 deduction not landing feet (it is not a void vault)
- There is no floor pattern deduction at any level of Xcel.
- Straight jump is not a skill but a straight jump half turn is an A.
- mounts – in Xcel – any mount is an A (This is NOT in Dev Program)
Region 2 Athlete Information
- Current Senior List Attached: If you are missing an athlete, let me know. We have over 100 seniors!
- Coaches of Level 9 and 10 athletes – please send these links to your athletes for sizes.
Reminder Regional Qualifying Scores
Dev: (Reminder Level 8 Friday, Levels 9 and 10 Saturday, and Level 7 Sunday)
- Level 10 – 34.00 AA and 9.0 IES
- Level 9 – 34.00 AA and 9.0 IES
- Level 8 – 34 AA with the Regional Committee having the option to add additional athletes to make the meet viable for the host. The qualifying score for an IES is a 9.0 per event.
- Level 7 – 34 AA with the Regional Committee having the option to add additional athletes to make the meet viable for the host. The qualifying score for an IES is a 9.0 per event.
- Diamond – 34.00 AA: IES to 8.5 and all seniors in high school to qualify regardless of score provided they compete in their respective state meet.
- Platinum – to remain with a 35.00 AA: IES to 8.5, and all seniors in high school to qualify regardless of score provided they compete in their respective state meet.
- Gold – to remain a percent of a percent with 4 sessions of 75 athletes per session. (no IES)
Elections for RACC are in 2023. The February newsletter will have the nomination form. The following is for information only.
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEE CHAIR (RACC)
Elections for the Regional Administrative Committee Chairman (RACC) will be conducted the year before the Olympic Games. Elections are to be completed by May 15th and term of office begins July 1st. They shall serve for four (4) years.
*IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER*
|March 1st||Deadline: Call for nominations must be posted to regional & national websites|
|April 1st||Deadline: All nominations must be submitted to NACC|
|April 15th||· Candidates resume deadline
· NACC sends WDPD slate of nominees + resume for each candidate
|April 30th||Memberships must be valid to vote|
|May 1st||Voting to begin at usagym.org|
|May 15th||Voting to take place online
· NACC to notify all candidates no later than 1 week after completion of election
|July 1st||2023-2024 RACC term begins|
- March 1st: Call for nominations must be published and/or posted online for a minimum of one month prior to the submission deadline of April 1st. Nominations for the position of RACC to be sent to the National Administrative Committee Chairman (NACC).
- April 1st – 15th: NACC must verify that each nominee meets the criteria for nomination, has agreed to run, understands the job requirements, and has submitted a brief résumé (no more than 300 words, no photos).
- April 15th: Candidate resume due
- April 15th: NACC electronically sends to the Women’s Development Program Director the name, city and state and the résumé of each candidate in a Microsoft Word document.
- If a region does not need to conduct an election because there is only one candidate, that information is also to be sent to the Women’s Development Program Director.
- The official Slate of Nominees for each Region will be posted on the USA Gymnastics website to begin voting by May 1st. The voting will be concluded on May 15th.
- No limit to the number of nominees per region.
- Voters can only vote for 1 person for each position.
- Voters can only vote 1 time for each position
- The week after May 15th, the NACC will receive all region’s election results by email, including the actual vote counts if any of the candidates want to know this information. The NACC will notify all the candidates of the election results.
- If a run-off election is necessary – the Women’s Development Program Director will work with the NACC on the procedures.
Region 2 Calendar: (Reminder Dev Regionals Level 8 Friday, Levels 9 and 10 Saturday, and Level 7 Sunday) Level 8 State NAWGJ Saturday night
|April 14 – 16, 2023||Dev Regionals||Tacoma, WA||Emerald City|
|April 21 – 23, 2023||Xcel Regionals||Everett, WA||Northwest Aerials|
|May 4 – 7, 2023||Westerns||Boise, ID||Performance Plus Events|
|May 11 – 14, 2023||Dev Nationals||Oklahoma City, OK||USA Gymnastics|
|April 12-14, 2024||Dev Regionals||Anchorage, Alaska||Anchorage Gymnastics|
|April 19 – 21, 2024||Xcel Regionals||Boise, Idaho||Performance Plus|
Bids for 2025 Regionals are due April 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org bid form: see attached.
- Dev Regionals 2025 April 11-13
- Xcel Regionals 2025 April 25 – 27
Happy Flipping and Handstanding!
Marian DeWane, RACC
PO Box 2137
Boise, Idaho 83701
Congratulations to our 2023 Seniors:
|Last Name||First name||Level||Club|
|Buchanan||Clara||9||Hawaiian Island Twisters|
|Davenport||Sarah||10||Hawaiian Island Twisters|
|Gordon||Sophia||XP||The Gymnastics Connection|
|Lum||Macie||9||Hawaiian Island Twisters|
November 2022 Download the USAG Financial Report Form:
Download the State-Regional Sectional Bid Form:
Photos from South Camp